Reputation is everything. Whether a small business, a high-profile individual or a global conglomerate, your online reputation has an enormous impact on the success of your brand.
Managing your online reputation takes time, planning and careful orchestration to avoid potential crises, deal with negative content and respond in a timely manner. Percepto is one agency which brands can hire and utilize their online reputation management services. We use the best online brand reputation management tools to help your brand succeed.
How can I monitor my online reputation?
To understand how a brand can monitor their online reputation, they should first learn the difference between online reputation monitoring and online reputation management. They both have similar goals, which is to ensure that brands have the best online reputation possible. There are, however, a few distinctive traits that each of these tactics has.
Online reputation monitoring is there to help keep a brand’s eyes open. Anything that the brand has online should be carefully monitored. This can be the social media accounts of the company to the news they may publish. It is advisable that a brand hires an expert to help them with their ORM. Not only do agencies understand the intricacies of the work itself, but it takes time to do so, and hiring a third party to do it for them frees up much more time for the brand to focus on their business.
Online reputation management is about finding solutions for any problems that may happen, and creating strategies to avoid and solve these issues. An online reputation expert – like those at Percepto – knows exactly how to draw conclusions from data, by using the best online brand reputation management tools, which can help the brand create a plan to resolve these issues quickly if they do arise.
There are a few ethics that should be followed even if you hire someone to help with ORM. These include using tools, being transparent, and being careful with your reactions. Smaller brands can utilize ORM tools that are automated to help further ease the process of managing online reputation. Everyone tends to put themselves out there and on the table, it is expected that a brand does the same.
Transparency allows you to be relatable and more trustworthy for potential leads. Reactions should be prompt and as polite as possible, regardless of how customers may react, complain and review your brand. There are actions that can be taken against those who spread untrue rumors about your brand, which should be taken if they have the potential to harm your brand severely.
What is a good online reputation score?
Reputation is one of the most important ways people view businesses they interact with and buy from. If companies neglect their reputation, it leads to greater risks of losing potential customers, lower profit margins and lowering their credibility and trust.
The majority of companies prefer a figure which they can solidify themselves with. This would be a number which they can see and know almost instantly that they have a strong and positive reputation. There is a scale which goes from 0 to 1000 which you can use to determine where your brand sits. A good reputation score would be anything above 600, whereas anything below 500 is considered a bad reputation.
The industry standard sits at around 525, and while it is not the worst score for a company to have, it normally does not do much to help a brand stand out from the competition. Companies who push above 600 are normally on the right track to a successful and positive reputation. Scores above 700 are considered very strong and once companies reach around 850, they are seen as top of the class.
What are the best online reputation management tools?
There are a variety of online reputation management tools which are excellent at monitoring. ORM tools let you analyze certain results and understand why they may or may not be doing well, and compare them to competitors. This will also allow the brand to improve on what they have to allow them to rank better against the competition.
Some of the best online reputation management tools include:
- Google analytics – A platform which collects data from your website and apps which then creates reports that provide relevant information and insights on your business. This data includes session duration, pages per session and bounce rate of individuals visiting the site.
- Mention – A tool that allows businesses to monitor what is being said about them online. It collects any information that customers say about your company on websites, blogs, forums, and social media pages. It also allows for scheduled posts and has a feature which generates reports about a brand’s current online reputation.
- Brand24 – A tool that allows companies to see what customers are saying about them and allows them to respond immediately. It pools all mentions of the brand and its reviews into one location for ease of access.
- SEMrush – This tool allows you to monitor online mentions, which include sentiment scores and resource authority. Some of the features it has include finding mentions without backlinks, spotting industry influencers, measuring your estimated reach and tracking referral traffic from mentions.
- Moz – A tool that does site auditing, rank tracking, backlink analysis and keyword research. It is an all-in-one SEO software which helps improve search engine visibility by providing fresh insights and empowering brands to remain competitive
The best online reputation management tools that a brand can use rely on what they are looking for. There are many tools which cater to all types of industries and can help simplify the process of a brand’s online reputation management. Getting an expert like Percepto to help with this process is even more preferable as they better understand the mechanics of these tools and know how to use them as effectively as possible to ensure the best ORM success for you or your brand