Energy Sector: Long-Term ORM Strategy
Percepto partnered with Client Z, the CEO of a major producer and supplier of energy in Africa. The client was accused of nepotism and tribalism, with negative results on Google and other search engines. As part of our work with Client Z, Percepto was tasked with positioning both the client and the company as leaders within the energy sector while gaining control of the first pages of Google and suppressing negative conversations online. Percepto also worked to create a solid foundation for Client Z’s online presence – along with their company – while promoting strategic messaging and raising awareness of positive stories among major stakeholders, B2B, B2C and B2G.
No clear narrative to any content written about them.
Almost zero public awareness of positive activity and CSR projects.
Climate change activism was not at the forefront publicly despite taking center stage in terms of resources and focus for the company.
Large number of links on Google first pages with negative sentiment
We created a full-service strategy to build a solid ORM plan, using activity including content marketing, PR and media relations and SEO practices.
Client Z is an expert in the energy industry
The company is an important part of the national economy.
Both Client Z and the company care about the local communities in the region and play a major factor in supporting them in terms of employment, sustainability and activism.
- Raise awareness of key messaging to major stakeholders including investors, government officials, employees, and consumers.
- Position Client Z and the company as industry leaders
- Form and maintain a positive narrative around the company’s incredible work.
- Gain important digital real estate with controlled assets on the first pages.
- Highlight corporate social responsibility to present a positive image
Content Marketing Takes Control:
- Created opportunities for the company to be featured across platforms which ranked well on Google’s algorithm.
- Building websites and blogs with content, which was high quality, SEO-rich and insightful.
SEO Consultation and Optimization Improves Ranking:
- Optimized client’s existing assets and found opportunities across partner companies.
- Ensured SEO-rich content within all texts across the entire campaign.
- Used technical techniques to make improvements, from alt-texts on images and metatags to URL structure to leverage ranking.
PR and Media Activity for Positive Exposure:
- Wrote expert op-eds and thought leadership pieces for senior management team to publish on target online publications.
- Found news opportunities to create press releases to pitch to appropriate media.
Improving of Google Pages
- Start: 40% negative on first two pages
- Down to 5% negative after 9 months
- 100% clean by the end of the project.
PR to support the ORM:
27 thought leadership pieces created gaining coverage
across multiple target publications.
- Improvement of Client Z leading to multiple media
opportunities to discuss key messaging.
- Sentiment became more positive with positive mentions increasing by 126%.
- Significant rise in awareness of CSR projects